Monday, January 12, 2009

Am I dead yet?

Congratulations to all those that ran the Disney Marathon this weekend. Me and the kiddos were watching your time on line. One day maybe I'll be able to make it 26.2, but right now I'm struggling with my 5k time. I will get there though.

Tonight was the first time I ran, that I wasn't sucking wind like a clogged up carburetor by the 1 mile point. I say again; Kids never smoke......Ever! Being able to breath sounds like it is a good thing, but there is a down side; In the past my lungs would give out long before my body did. Tonight's run was different. It was the first time my shins, calves, and sides started cramping. In the past, because my lungs would not let me run far, my max heart rate was only getting up to about 170. Tonight I could see it beating through my shirt! Is that OK? Actually, my heart rate stayed above 170 and maxed at 188 bpm. At one point I looked down and my monitor was reading zero. There was a brief moment where I was trying to remember if my life insurance was up to date but then I saw the strap hanging out of the bottom of my shirt. I guess it would be smart to actually find out what my max HR should be.

2 comments:

Amy said...

You crack me up....I need to find out what my max should be too!

Bryan said...

Ask your personal trainer and your running coach what formula they recommend. I tried looking online but it seems that there are 101 ways to calculate what it should be.